Step 2: Tender Presentation
Your Window Advice Centre consultant will go over your tender report to ensure that everything is to your complete satisfaction before anything moves forward.
Tender Presentation : Our Process…
- Approximately one week after your initial survey, your Consultant will return to you to present your tender report.
- Your tender report will consist of a copy of the tender document, a list of the double glazing contractors and their itemised costs. Your report will also include background information on the double glazing contractors and copies of their literature showing the replacement window and doors they use.
Up to ten approved double glazing contractors will have been given one chance to submit their lowest possible cost to undertake the work set out in your tender document. As each contractor knows that up to another nine contractors are competing for your work, you can be confident of getting the keenest possible price.
As all contractors are quoting to undertake the work on a like for like basis, you are able to consider the least expensive quotation knowing that you are not sacrificing anything in quality.
This resolves the problem that consumers face of trying to identify from a range of offers, for replacement windows and doors of similar appearance but varying quality, which offer represents the best value for money.
- Your Consultant will go over your tender report to ensure that everything is to your complete satisfaction. You can alter the proposals for your replacement window and doors and obtain revised costs as many times as you wish until you are completely satisfied that the proposals for your replacement windows and doors are exactly in line with your wishes.
You are under no obligation to accept any of the offers. However, as all the quotes are to the same specification, most people will accept the lowest quote received.
- When you accept a contractor’s offer through Window Advice Centre, every aspect of the work that the contractor is obliged to provide under the contract is documented in detail. This provides the point of reference for your consultant to inspect your installation on completion to ensure that it is as specified and to the required standard BEFORE you pay.
- This tender document includes scale drawings showing the appearance of your choice of replacement windows and doors and defines, in technical terms, your choice of lifespan, thermal performance, weather resistance, noise reduction and security.
- You are also protected by the Window Advice Centre Code of Practice for Approved Contractors. This Code of Practice defines the detailed technical standards for the quality of the replacement windows and double glazing to be used and the standards that your installation must meet before your selected contractor is due final payment.
The Code is written to include conditions that protect your interests where the contractor’s normal Terms and Conditions would concentrate on protecting the contractor..
Window Advice Centre Consultants
Expert, Impartial Double Glazing Services from Window Advice Centre
If you are a homeowner in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Stirling, Dundee, Fife, Lanarkshire, Ayrshire or elsewhere across Central Scotland and are interested in finding out more about any of our Double Glazing Services then do not hesitate to contact Window Advice Centre by telephone on 0141 332 7878 or arrange a FREE no-obligation Survey of your property by clicking this Book a FREE Survey link. From a single Survey you receive itemised quotations from up to 10 of the most suitable competitive approved contractors.
How Our Process Works
SURVEY & ADVICE
From an Impartial Double Glazing Expert
1 Survey – Up to 10 double glazing contractors quotes
Detailed Close Inspection Prior to Payment
10 YEAR PROTECTION
10 year insurance backed guarantees